Thursday, January 17, 2008

more misc

I randomly came across this store on 8th st (btwn broadway & university) on a walk around the city yesterday... AC Gears

It is an awesome little store, they carry mostly Japanese electronics, electronic accessories, robots, toys, etc. They are even the Japanese models and packaging, not english versions of them. I thought it was cool cause they have the exact selection of headphones as electronic stores had in Tokyo when I went, so it's legit. Really it's a sweet store. Check it out. It was all I could do to not buy this...

I mean really! A robot USB! Ah, why does it have to be $40 for only 256MB.


(side note & speaking of robots: I had an interview yesterday, and there were like tons of cases of robots inside this design firm. I got really excited. I should've sent them a photo of my robot shelf. hah.)

________________________________

Also, I love this photographer,Kalle Gustafsson.
(a little cheesey subject-wise sometimes, but I love the colors and style)




_______________________________

Last but not least, The Decapitator.
I thought everyone knew about it, but I guess I just read too many design blogs.
I hope he comes to New York sometime. Love it.


No comments:

labels