Sunday, September 16, 2007

This is sick!

The IAC building is so cool! How did I not hear about this before? I guess it opened back in March I think. Ever since I got back from Tokyo and Beijing I've felt that nyc is severely lacking the amazing contemporary architecture both those cities have. I wouldn't say this IAC building is quite, AMAZING, but it is a step in that direction, and its Frank Gehry's first structure in nyc! about time!




But the whole reason for me mentioning this building in the first place isn't the exterior architecture, its the sick interior!



Trollbäck + Company designed and produced the graphics and ads, etc that's concept was concieved by Bruce Mau. (could they add a few more high profile names to the design of this structure if they tried?) They are an "open visual forum" played on one of the world's largest high-res video walls! Read the short desription of what they are like.



Hopefully they let random people in the building, haha cause next time I'm near chelsea, I'm so gunna take a walk over there.

No comments:

labels