Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My fav design experience in Tokyo

Man I suck at keeping up with this! I Okay the coolest "design experience" that I had on my travels would be going to the UT store in Harajuku in Tokyo. It was rediculous (in a really good way)! I think 99% of the time anything designed this heavily would be a little overboard and way overdesigned, but not this, it was SO well done that there is nothing bad I can say about it. (except maybe all the tubes are not too environmentally conscious). Not only was the actual design of the store and packaging impressive, but so were the actual tshirts for sale. They have a lot of artist collaboarations, japanese themes, tons of pantones, and my favorite, a typography series with all different words and things only a type-nerd would know. Overall, SO cool and unlike anything I've ever seen/experienced before!


View from across the street and a close up of the scrolling signs in the front...


Inside the UT store as seen from the stairs and a close up of the shelves...


The bag and tube my selected tee came in and my tubeee...


My tee rolled up in the tube and my awesome typographic tee...

No comments:

labels