Friday, May 9, 2008

perception

So at work I was making some revisions on something, and the client said they wanted to try the type in "pistaccio green."

I made what I thought was pistaccio green and then remembered a post on colourlovers I was in love with the other week about the origin of colour names and their respective swatches.

I looked up "pistacio green" and was surprised to find that the colour I made was almost exactly the same.

...now this isn't a "kudos, me" moment!

maybe it's just my over-fascination with visual perception, but it just amazes me how a person can say they want a very specific colour to someone else with no visual reference, and then the other person makes it how they "think" it should look like, and it is the EXACT same without any further effort between the two people.

No comments:

labels