Sunday, May 6, 2007

100 best typefaces...


It's in German, but typefaces have the same names everywhere so its ok!
For the most part I'd say I agree with the list, not necessarily in terms of personal preference or usage,
but I agree with the recognition of their importance or prevalence,
I would have changed some of the order though (Frutiger would most def not have been my #3).
100 BEST TYPEFACES!!!

I have so many things that I want to post...however, it is finals week so I cannot let myself spend 3 hours doing so.
Hopefully it wont be too much longer till I can!

Okay, just one more thing...I like some of this guy's (Boris Schandert) work,
and he has a free font download on his page of this triangle font...

2 comments:

Devo In Regress said...

eh, futura is over rated but it has it's place.

What about Baskerville? It took two years of mixing inks for Baskerville to be satisfied with the right black to even start that typeface. Gill Sans and Avantgarde are amazing as well.

kaile said...

I completely agree about futura, and ya I definitely would have put baskerville in the top 10, maybe even 5. I was really surprised it got 39!

labels