Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Despite my disagreements with its logo,

I actually had a really inspiring time at the Tate Modern.

Here is what I want to remember (not in order)...

Giorgio de Chirico, The Melancholy of Departure



__

Picasso, Head of a Woman



Girl in a Chemise



__

Hermann Nitsch, Poured Painting



Josef Albers, Repetition Against Blue



__

Sigmar Polke

For some reason there are hardly any photos of his work online.
This isn't the one I saw, but it's similar...



__

FAVORITE PAINTING OVERALL...
Clifford Still, Untitled 1953



__

FAVORITE NON-PAINTING OVERALL...
Henry Moore, Three Points



Literally when looking at this in real life, the tension of the moment causes so much anxiety that you have to look away.

__

I was also really intrigued by the performance art of Günter Brus and Kurt Kren.
They both make really intense, hard-hitting stuff.
Look them up if you feel so inclined, but don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

labels