Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rant.

Can someone just please make some sort of cease-and-desist order for Wolff Olins?

Yesterday I went to the Tate Modern.
I literally second guessed walking inside when I saw the logo on the door.
I know it is not a new logo, but I had not previously had the displeasure of coming face-to-face with it until now.

Look at it. LOOK. AT. IT.


and this...



and this...



Really? Realllllyyyyyyy???????

Wolff Olins brightens up my day almost as much as Siegel & Gale does.

Because honestly having to go to school every day with this...



doesn't already make me die a little bit inside.

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how they keep on getting work. It is just design based on what is new and hip at this particular moment. There is no sustainability to the brand identity. Wolff Olins has an obsession with the "new". Just go to their website and you will be hit in the face with it. This obsession with the new only leaves ignorance for the old resulting in misinformed and under developed designs that may be fresh for an instant but become dated the instant of conception.

kaile said...

exactly!

Volunteer said...

I would say the same about Pentagram in New York though. Their work is everywhere.

labels